Tuesday, August 24, 2010

So has anyone been snipe hunting latly i hear they are in season?

Sure, you hold the bag.So has anyone been snipe hunting latly i hear they are in season?
I am from Maine,and went snipe hunting only yesterday. I would go today, but you can't hunt on Sundays in Maine. Snipe hunting is a lot of fun, but I ain't seen one in years. Maybe it is the loss of habitat, or something but snipe hunting ain't what it use to be.So has anyone been snipe hunting latly i hear they are in season?
No snipe in my area.. but I have been going out and taking woodcock. Bag limit is 3 per day but luckily I have a nice marshy valley about 300 yards from the house that's full of them so I can step out the door and do some hunting when I get the urge.
Well in New Englandand Upsate New York there is a cousin of the Woodcock sometimes called a snipe that should be in season now. Now in the Southern USA there is never a closed season for Snipe Hunting.
Sure, In the UK we can hunt common snipe from 12 August - 31 January. No Bag limits. On a walked up shoot snipe and woodcock add some variety to the day.
Yes, they are in season here, I passed up a shot on one because we had ducks comming into the decoys.
Well , I dont believe there is a season for WILSON SNIPE...Thats like a season for sea gull...smarty pants!
No, but I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment