Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Handicapped hunting license for cross bow?

what type of disability do I need to have to get a handicapped crossbow hunting license in Indiana. For example is diabetes enough? what about walking with a cane? how about amputations? Which body parts?Handicapped hunting license for cross bow?
UPDATE: As an INDIANA Resident you are NOT required to have a disability to hunt Deer in Indiana State with a Crossbow. The Late Archery Season..December 8th thru January 6th, 2008 is open to ALL Indiana resident Crossbow Hunters.....Your Crossbow must have a manual safety, and the Prod (Bow portion of the Crossbow) must be a minimum of 125 LBS Pull...You are required to have an Archery License and an additional ';Extra'; Archery license to hunt with a Crossbow. Any additional questions can be answered by calling Indiana Fish %26amp; Wildlife/Customer Service (812)-334-3795 Mon-Fri 8AM- 4:30 PMHandicapped hunting license for cross bow?
I had a physician fill out the form to state my disability and assistive devices used to walk with. I use crutches and/or a brace. I was granted my Handicapped Hunting permit - crossbow/vehicle. Although I know I can use a crossbow, I am still uncertain whether I have to use it from a vehicle only.

Report Abuse



I believe you're required to show that you're physically incapable of hunting with a compound bow due to your disability.
If you walk with a cane, by order of a Doctor, you may qualify for a crossbow exemption.Check with your states DNR online for more information.
you have to have a letter from your doc stating that you have a upper body disability.they are pretty good about not being real strict.


----retired texas deputy sheriff----
duno about ind in texas it is legal to hunt with a crossbow in general season prob in ind to but duno if you are talking about in archery season or gen
in Maine you are allowed to use crossbow during rifle season. you will have to contact your fish and game dept.

No comments:

Post a Comment