Tuesday, August 24, 2010

In terms of quality and durability, whats the best brand for turkey hunting clothes.?

Im also looking for the best bang for my buck in terms of boots. what ever helpfull info you can pass along would be amazing. thanksIn terms of quality and durability, whats the best brand for turkey hunting clothes.?
Well I don't know about durability, since I only bought them this season, but I got good bang-for-buck out of Bass Pro's house brand (Red Head Silent Hide) and Army Boots (which I already had).


Good Luck.In terms of quality and durability, whats the best brand for turkey hunting clothes.?
definitely rocky boots, my dad hunts with them and all that walking, they have to be comfy.
i dont hunt turkey. i recomend carhart camo work pants and cowboy boots or tennis shoes and a snow camo parka, and a black or camo ski mask. maybe a camo baseball hat if your head gets cold.
I have Wrangler camo jeans that I bought at the Wrangler outlet, and they are pretty hard to tear when you crawl through a barb wire fence. I just have a long sleeved camo t-shirt, nothing fancy. I have a pair of Rocky camo boots that I got at Cabela's on close-out.
Scentlok. they are pretty pricey but, they are nice. you can also use them if you hunt deer. they are completly durible and comfy. the other cheaper brands; mossy oak are realy comfy, redhead are nice and warm, brownings clothing line is worth it. As far as boots go. i bought some hunter camo wal mart boots have had them two years and they are holding up wonderfuly. i bought the ones with bigger ankels. they are waterproof too. they are Barhama i think it is. its the wal mart brand but they hold up wonderfully and they are warm in winter and cool in summer.
A pair of Wrangler Camo jeans for $30 from my local outdoor retailer, Mossy Oak Collared shirt, and a good weather proof hat (my Mossy Oak 3W hat is my personal favorite, it has a plastic liner in it that blocks wind and rain. Takes awhile getting used to, but well worth it for $10 at Wal-Mart.)





As for boots, my Rocky's with 800 grams of Thin-Sulate (you can get less if you would like) are perfect. I wear them for work, hunting, and everything else. As comfortable or more than my regular shoes. And their only about $75!





I've had all of this for about three years, and it all is like new!








Hope this helps.
I hunt with a 3-d leaf suit for turkeys. like this one http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa鈥?/a> It is a mesh so it can go over any thing you wear. I have hunted in blue jeans and t shirt on warm spring days and put it over multiple layers in the fall. I have had turkeys within feet of me with this suit on. I have had this suit for 5 years and still in great shape. I recomend this suit for all types of hunting. As far as boots with this suit just make sure they have a real dark sole and are comfortable and you are set.

No comments:

Post a Comment